Thursday, October 15, 2009

"Fields of Greens"

leads to wonderful things.

The first recipe I made from the above-mentioned book was a delectable butternut squash soup, with apple confit. Mmmm

Last night, the Fields of Greens confit-fest continued with a pizza.

Eric made a crust from scratch, which I then brushed with a quick-infused garlic olive oil and topped with onion confit, blue cheese, pecans, mozzarella, parmesan, and sage.
On the side, a quick dish of spinach and garlic, sauteed in a lemon/olive oil mixture, and mixed with toasted pine nuts. Again, mmm

Last, I'd also made a bastardized version of this apple cake.
My version incorporated much more apple and used whole wheat pastry flour. The apples went into the baking dish first, topped with a little sugar and flour as well as toasted pecans and currants. I then poured batter over the whole thing, ending up with a sort of "apple upside down muffin bar cake - served right side up"...
Any way, I suppose names aren't important so long as it's delicious. And it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment